What to do if you are in a bicycle accident
- Write down the name, address and driver’s license number of all cars involved in the accident.
- Get the name of the car’s insurance company from the car’s registration.
- Get the name, address and phone number of all witnesses.
- Write a description of any injuries you have and anyone else has suffered.
- Seek prompt medical treatment.
- When you get home, write in detail how the accident happened. Describe damage to your bike, the car, and to anything else.
- If the police investigate, be cooperative but cautious about what you say.
- A detailed ‘how to’ article on what to do if you are in an accident.
Jason & Fischer can help you prepare the accident report, and other statements you may be required to submit. We can advise you if you have a claim as a result of the accident.